We are seeking a full-time Restaurant Supervisor to assist in supervision and training of waitstaff for meal service and catered events in accordance with current laws and regulations and Brookhaven’s goals and objectives. Under the Dining Manager’s direction or Manager on Duty, supervise main Dining Room, Café and Bistro for lunch and dinner. Responsible for upholding high standards in Dining Services including: maintaining cost efficiency, training and coaching employees, and facilitating change within Waitstaff function. Works an Opening shift or a closing shift.
Schedule: 40 hours per week with rotating schedule of 6:30 am - 3:00 pm, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm or 11:30 am - 8:00 pm. Flexible weekdays needed - at least one weekend day required each week.
- Orient, train, supervise, and counsel Waitstaff employees to ensure that a well-trained and motivated staff is available to provide high-quality service to the Residents.
- Dining Services Administrative duties which include printing menus, creating signs, data entry, ordering office supplies, among other related duties.
- Manage Reservations.
- Responsible for supervision and oversight of Bistro, Café and Dining Room operation.
- Conduct pre-meal meetings.
- Ensure Waitstaff are in proper uniform, are interacting appropriately with Residents and using proper serving technique.
- Ensure Waitstaff are deployed in dining venue where most needed.
- Ensure Café, Bistro, or Dining Room are ready for meal service prior to meals including tables set, café line set up, storage areas organized, and POS equipment and working.
- Ensure flow of food, efficiency of Waitstaff and communication with cooks is running smoothly.
- Ensure side work is complete.
- Practice hygienic food handling, preparation and serving techniques.
- Provide input to Restaurant Manager regarding Dining Services policy and procedure.
- Solicit comments from residents/guests pertaining to service and food quality.
- Provide support for tray line, kitchen, dining room, café and catered events as required.
- Monitor and maintain storage areas for all china equipment, paper goods and ice cream, plus shelving in kitchen Waitstaff area.
- Input new menus in POS system.
- Assist with inputting Resident comment cards in excel program.
- Maintain positive relations with residents, guest, and staff.
- Function as Manager on Duty as required.
- Assist Director of Dining Services and Restaurant Manager on special projects.
- Show compassion, understanding, and patience when dealing with Residents.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years hands-on experience in fine dining setting.
- Supervisory experience.
- Trained in performing the Heimlich Maneuver.
Brookhaven offers its employees competitive wages, subsidized medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off and participation in retirement plan.